Friday 22 March 2013

Work in Progress

Worked in the studio last weekend. Need to practice with this resource while it is still available to me!

Experimented with the gels. Discovered that pairing yellow and red do not make orange, however, pink and yellow do. Shot in red, yellow, blue and green. And, gels cause a lot of noise, thought the images were ruined, but actually, it works considering the subject matter.

With this project I am challenging my lighting and Photoshop skills. I'm working on a pair of creative portraits, one a goddess, one a demon. So far the shots using the red gels are the best for the demon and the blue for the goddess. Now the "fun" begins.

For me, being out in the world, wandering, being mobile is my natural state. I would rather be doing almost anything other than sitting at a computer (even housework!!) I capture as much as possible in camera to reduce post processing.

I'm very excited over the results so far. I see I learned more the past few years than I thought!

Here's a small preview of my work in progress:

Kali: no illusions, only truth

Lilith: by your side or by myself

Yes, they still need A LOT of work. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment