Friday 5 April 2013

I'll take the criticism, but not the abuse

The other day wedding photographer Kandise Brown tweeted the following link:

http://apracticalwedding.com/2013/04/hate-reading-and-feminism/

It really sparked something in me.  We, as women, have been silenced by others who tell us that "speaking out" isn't "nice".  Well, nice women don't make history.  She said it so well, I am not even going to attempt to paraphrase nor will I add anything.

I feel I have something to say, if you want to read it: great! if not, well.......... I'm only looking for dialogue, to communicate.  My intentions with this blog are to share my thoughts, ideas, what I've learned, my challenges.  And ya know what: it's MY blog.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live my life for the sake of another,
nor ask another to live for mine"

If you want to avoid criticism, don't do anything, don't be anything.

Haters gonna hate............

1 comment: